Sunday, March 13, 2016

March 13, 2016 It never rains in California


Image result for californiaImage result for rain
It pours...

It has been many years since California has seen rain. As many of you know California has suffered from a drought for years, and it seemed apparent to me this week that the Lord has heard and answered the prayers of his faithful and obedient children.

We have been promised that if we pay our tithing we can unlock the windows of heaven.  In the scriptures,  Malachi 3:10, the Lord has said, ""Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there might be meat in mine house, and prove me herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, there there shall not be room enough to receive it."

We know that all blessings are predicated on obedience to law and that we will be abundantly blessed for our obedience and faithfulness to the Lord's laws and commandments. I hope that Californian's recognize the great blessings they are receiving because of their obedience, because it is a great lesson for us all.
 Long story short, I had the opportunity to fly to California this past week to spend a little time with my California kids and grandkids and to provide assistance to my daughter, Sam, and her family while she recovers from her recent heart surgery. Elder Busath sadly stayed behind to take care of the needs of the Mission Office.
 My first stop, following a brief appointment at Kaiser and a quick visit with GG, was to the Gibson-Chance home where my granddaughter, Jill, willingly agreed to share her room (and cats) with me until Sam was discharged from the hospital.
Sunday we attended church at the Ripon Ward in Manteca. 
The church building was not at all what I had come to expect since moving to Idaho :0

Image result for 6th birthday
  After church the Bacchus family and Steve and Megan arrived to help celebrate Thomas' 6th birthday and to spend a little time with me before I headed off to Rocklin to be with Sam and her family.


"Be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation,
in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."
 1 Timothy 4:12

It became very clear to me as we visited as a family that what we say and how we say it tend to reflect on who we are and who we are becoming. The words we utter truly reflect the feelings of our hearts, the strength of our character, and the depth of our testimonies. I am so proud of my children and the people they are becoming.


The day finally arrived and Sam was officially discharged from the hospital in San Francisco! Now it was my turn to play nurse (Mom) and spend Grandma time with my sweet grandson, Wade.
We cooked...

 and cleaned...
and enjoyed little powdered donuts-one of Grandpa's traditions, 
among many other things!

I have to admit that before I arrived I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to do enough, to make a difference and help provide the things that were needed. 
I need not have worried-love was spoken here!

"Neglect not the gift that is in thee. 
1 Timothy 4:14
"Your training, your experience, your knowledge are tools to be skillfully used. They have been self acquired. Your conscience, your love, and your faith are delicate and precious instruments to guide your destiny. They have been God-given."
President Thomas S. Monson
Image result for 2nd birthday

Image result for 2nd birthday  
 Just before I had to catch a tearful flight for home we took a few minutes to celebrate Wade's 2nd birthday! How grateful I am for sensitive children who know just what a Grandma needs.
The Peterson family-now well on the road to a full recovery :)

"And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."
Galatians 6:9

It's been said that to find real happiness, we must seek for it in a focus outside ourselves. I can testify that service (even service to our own family) brings true joy.
 It seems that spring had spring while I was away! 
The sky was blue, not a rain cloud in the sky 
and my tulips were poking their heads out just to say hi!  
 It's was another birthday, shout hooray! They wanted to sing to Dax today. 
One year older and wiser too, happy birthday to Dax too! 
Grandson, Dax turned 10, the very same day Wade turned 2. 
So it was time for another birthday celebration and I had arrived home just in time!
Surprise!!! I found this little stowaway, Lambie,  in my luggage while unpacking. 

In closing, I just want to share a little secret I discovered on my recent trip that is sure to give you joy and happiness in this crazy world. 

I had the privilege to be included in family scriptures and prayers while visiting my kids this week and I have to tell you that it is an incredible experience both as a Mother and a Grandmother to watch my son in laws preside over their families and to listen to my grandchildren, even as young as two years of age, share the things that they are thankful for. Find time to be "at the right place at the right time" for you will not want to miss it.

 "Pray in your families unto the father, always in my name, that your wives and your children may be blessed."

3 Nephi 18:21



Image result for irish blessing may the road
Image result for st patrick's day


Wishing you the luck of the Irish this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment