Saturday, January 21, 2017

January 21, 2017 Four Pledges for the New Year

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, even as you desire of me so it shall be done unto you; and if you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation."
Doctrine and Covenants 11:8
Image result for new years resolution
"Four pledges for the new year: I will listen, I will learn, I will labor, I will love.  As we fulfill these pledges, we can have the guidance of our Heavenly Father and in our lives discover true joy. Now, I don't simply mean that we should make a wish, or that we should dream a dream, but rather determine to do that which we pledge to accomplish."
Thomas S. Monson

January 18, 2017 departing missionaries
One of our departing missionaries met his baby brother for the very first time.
 Image result for friendship quotes

I will listen

 One of 15 new missionaries heading to orientation.

 I will learn

Image result for friendship quotes
Trainer and trainee (the twin towers) preparing to hit the ground running.

 I will labor


 I will love


                                            

On the Home front

                         Sorry, it has been a crazy week with 4 departing missionaries, 15 new                                arrivals and transfers so we don't have any grandchildren pictures to                                  share. 
 
                         However, we do need to recognize a very special person in our lives at                              this time.


 Dorothy Holbrook Busath, better known as "GG" had some serious health challenges in the past few days and we are happy to report that things are finally looking better.            (The Lord truly does hear and answer prayers). 
She has always been our biggest fan so it seems only fitting that we take a moment to express our love and appreciation.

Image result for mothers quotes
For the friend, the support, the mom you are-thank you.
We are so happy you are finally home.
We love you!!!
Image result for 2017 new years resolution lds quotes
Wishing you joy as you fulfill your new years pledges!

No comments:

Post a Comment