Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 28, 2016 It Will All Work Out



Image result for rough week images
"There will always be more blessings than burdens even if some days it doesn't seem so."
Jeffrey R. Holland
Image result for bliss by hinckley
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just ordinary people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. . . .
               
It was a week of District Temple Days, so as expected the office was a hot bed of activity.
Image result for prayer

Image result for prayer


Without going in to too much detail, our youngest daughter, Samantha, was born with a serious heart condition requiring open heart surgery this week. The surgery was scheduled for early Thursday morning in San Francisco.  Unfortunately her surgeon was suddenly made unavailable due to an emergency surgery and Sam's surgery had to be rescheduled for the following day!  Bright and early Friday morning the surgery was finally performed and according to her surgeon, "things went better than expected." She is doing well, all things considered, and I know it is only because so many people were fasting and praying on her behalf, of which I am eternally grateful. 
I can truly testify that the Lord heard and answered our prayers.
 A thoughtful gift from one of my Visiting Teachers.

I pray because I can't help myself.
I pray because I am helpless.
I pray because the need flows out of me all the time-waking and sleeping.
It doesn't change God.
It changes me.
C.S. Lewis


 Missionaries seem to get younger and younger these days. 
Okay maybe not this young. 
Our granddaughter, Shelby, just wanted to try on Grandpa's name tag for size.
Oooh, ahhh!
 I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a missionary study desk
 look so organized and tidy!
Sister Trainer Leaders, (STL's) Rabello and Kappel (on your left) had the most incredibly neat and clean apartment (and study desk) that Elder Busath couldn't resist capturing it on his phone for convincing evidence. 

These amazing STL's also knew exactly what to do and say when Sister Dale and Sister Stalnaker came in to the office later this week when Sister Dale had to be released early due to health issues.

"There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it. Perhaps we should be looking less with our eyes and more with our hearts"
Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Spring has finally arrived in Meridian, Idaho!  
The daffodils I planted in September are just now beginning to poke their little heads through the warming soil.
One of the good things about serving a mission and living in your own home is that you get to be surrounded by many of the little things you know and love. One of the bad things about serving a mission and living in your own home is that you get to be surrounded by many of the little things you know and love and as a result when something needs to be done, guess who gets to do it?
Image result for happy face

 In closing, not long ago I was reading a quote once mentioned by President Uctdorf in the April 2015 General Conference issue of the Ensign that spoke to me. It went something like this; "Tell a man that there are trillions of stars in the universe, and he'll believe you.  Tell him there's wet paint on the wall, and he'll touch it just to be sure."

I have know for over 43 years that the Lord truly hears and answers our prayers.  But for some reason this week it just seemed too simple for me to truly appreciate its great value. So I set aside what I knew to be true and made myself, and I am sure everyone around me crazy, as I worried and obsessed only to finally realize that the peace and comfort I was desperately seeking was right in front of me if I had just taken the time to STOP, LISTEN and FEEL His love.

As President Gordon B. Hinckley has reminded us, "Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."


I pray that we will focus on "the simplicity that is in Christ" and take the time to thank the Lord for letting us have the ride.    

Have a great week!                                           





No comments:

Post a Comment