Sunday, June 30, 2013

I Believe

 
 
"To believe in God is to know that all the rules will be fair,
and that there will be wonderful surprises." 
 Ugo Betti
 
 
 Guess what?  We have ducklings in the pond in our backyard!!!

 
 
 Four little ducks swimming in a pond, along came a hawk and then there was ONE! 
 
For the past week I have seriously jumped out of bed (okay struggled out of bed) to take my morning laps around the pond and to look forward to the happy sight of turtles sunning themselves, squirrels racing up and down the trees, and ducks and now ducklings quacking me a greeting, but today was different!  All was quiet and only one little duckling was swimming in the pond.  The mother is very protective as you would expect, and just scurried away as I approached.  Elder Busath says it's just the circle of life.  I say that hawk better find another pond to prey on because I am thinking about picking me up a sling shot from the local Winn Dixie!
 
 

Yep, you guessed it, we got mail!  This time it was all the way from Montana! Steve, our favorite and only son, also know as Bubba, and his sweet wife, Megan, were in Montana recently visiting her twin sister Rachel and getting acquainted with Rachel's new baby girl McKenzie.  It was so thoughtful to think of us on their vacation and we could almost smell the wide open spaces of Montana inside the box.  The box was packed with a little brown magnet in the shape of a bear-he even has dangly legs :), not one, but two 3 Musketeers bars, a box of Hot Tamales, little fans, which are already in my purse, little Nerf-type pistols (which I may just try out on a certain hawk I know of),
and 2 colorful ponchos. 
 It appears that all that shipping experience at the Gap and at Banana Republic
comes in handy once in a while!
 
 I wish you could all know how exciting it is to get mail while serving in the mission field.  Especially mail that is addressed to you and doesn't have to be forwarded to places from one end of our mission to the other ;)  it's like a big hug in a box, or Christmas in June, 
and we absolutely love it! 
Thanks Bubba and Megan!

 
I see the moon, the moon sees me.  The moon sees the ones that I want to see.  So God bless the moon and God bless me.  And God bless the ones that I want to see. 
 
When I saw this full moon one night it brought back memories of the lullaby my mother sang to me, and I sang to my own children and grandchildren.


 Our Mission President Garth Hall and Sister Sharon Hall from Rexberg Idaho. 
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 they left on a jet plane for home,
and they won't be coming back again! 


"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for a while, leave footprints in our hearts, and we are never, ever the same." Flavis Weedn
 
We feel that this sentiment pretty well sums up what our heads and hearts cannot seem to express into words.  Although we only knew them just shy of three months, they have touched our lives and
we will never be the same.
We met our new Mission President Michael John Berry and his wife, Beth, from Draper, Utah  briefly on Friday night and I loved them immediately!  I am so excited to have the opportunity to be serving with them and am looking forward to getting to know them better.
 
.Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold. 
We are rich beyond our wildest dreams!
 
Until we meet again.................

No comments:

Post a Comment